Social Media Disclaimer
Security Benefit has a social media presence, which may include Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, and other sites.The financial services and insurance industries are highly regulated, so Security Benefit (a) is required to follow certain rules on its social media sites and (b) does not engage in discussions on social forums about its products or services.
Security Benefit does not make endorsements via social media. We may post or share information on social media we find useful or relevant, but this does not constitute an official endorsement or recommendation on behalf of Security Benefit. Any content, including posts, pictures, responses, and videos, on our social media sites should not be considered an advertisement, endorsement, or financial advice.
In using our various forms of social media, please observe the social media guidelines below. We reserve the right to moderate all content and remove information or language considered offensive, and to block users who violate these guidelines. Use common courtesy within our community and share your opinions and feedback in a respectful manner.
Security Benefit may delete, remove, or hide the following types of posts in its discretion:
- Posts that include fraudulent, inaccurate, libelous, or misleading information about Security Benefit or its competitors.
- Posts that are disparaging in nature or include offensive, inflammatory, or inappropriate commentary or content.
- Posts that include profanity or are defamatory, abusive, discriminatory, or demeaning.
- Posts that contain threats or suggest violence or illegal behavior.
- Posts that contain personal information such as email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, or any confidential information such as social security numbers.
- Posts that spam, solicit, advertise, promote, or endorse any commercial, financial, political, or governmental organization. Our social media pages are not for the endorsement of third parties and these posts will be removed.
- Posts of marketing messages or URLs to external sites for promotional purposes.
Users should follow these guidelines on Security Benefit’s social media:
- Do not violate another's copyright or intellectual property.
- Do not be disruptive with posts that are excessively repetitive.
- Do not post any proprietary, confidential, sensitive, or nonpublic information.
- Do not post links that contain any kind of virus, spyware, or malware.
- Do not engage in any activity that would qualify as insider trading.
- Do not purport to act as a representative or spokesperson for Security Benefit.
- Do not post under an identity that is not your own.
- Do not post financial recommendations.
If you post content, including images, to Security Benefit websites, social media, or other online properties, you grant Security Benefit and its affiliates an unrestricted, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such material throughout the world in any media without providing attribution or obtaining additional consent. You further agree that Security Benefit and its affiliates are free to use any ideas, concepts, or know-how that you provide to Security Benefit via its websites, social media, or other online properties.
Security Benefit will never solicit or ask for personal information through social media. Do not post or send sensitive personal, confidential, or financial information via social media.
Security Benefit may not be able to respond to your posts, not for lack of interest, but to maintain an appropriate social media forum. We do our best to create a valuable space for you on our social media sites. If you have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.